Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My borrowed summer

This summer, as I've been finishing up research projects and getting ready to defend, I've had the nagging feeling I've been living here on borrowed time. Nothing's provided a clearer sign of that than what I'm seeing around town -- summer in full, blinding bloom. Things that I saw in the past and forgot about spur my memory and harry me when I see them again.

Here are some of those things:
  • Camera-toting tourists snapping pictures of the fountain in front of Rackham

  • Folder-toting freshmen getting oriented to North Campus

  • The sun dusking through my westward windows

  • Tents going up for Summer Festival

  • Blackberry stains on the cement

  • Friends on the move

  • Kids everywhere

  • My tan
Alack, my lack of alacrity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home