Wednesday, June 06, 2007

No new posts... why?

The two or three of you who are regular visitors to Stew's Blues may have noticed that I haven't posted anything in a while. Truth is, I've been busy trying to finish up the thesis (defense date 7/11!) and apply for jobs, postdoctoral and non.

In fact, I've been so "in my head" lately that I've noticed that the mental checklist I go through in the morning has changed. As I was biking out of the apartment parking lot this morning, I realized the new checklist went like this:
  • Pants on? Check.
I literally looked down and checked. Now, I'm not shy about my body, but even I think it would have been hard to explain why I was arriving on campus pants-less. ("Oh, I thought it was Casual Wednesday?")

Contrast the new checklist with the old:
  • Stove off? Check.
I did take a moment, however, to notice that the weather in Ann Arbor today is beautiful. Google says 72 and sunny, so if you're here, I hope you're able to get out there and enjoy it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home