Thursday, April 05, 2007

Picture parade

In lieu of any good stories lately -- which never seem to draw that many comments anyway -- here's a selection of pictures that have wound up on my Canon S230 lately.

The Anson Brown Building on Broadway here in Ann Arbor. You might be interested to know that this building is (a) the oldest commercial building in Ann Arbor and (b) reputed to be haunted.

The back of a door in the Undergraduate / Science library on Central Campus. I like the strong industrial design -- it almost persuaded me to go to the North Lobby even though that's not where I wanted to go. I also dig that Japanese robot anime look, like it came straight out of Robotech. Or a really bad sci-fi / horror / slasher movie.

Dim sum place-setting at Great Lake Chinese Restaurant on Carpenter Road between Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti. Good lighting. Note the incongruity of the Starbucks cups of my coffee-swilling comrades. Way to fit in, guys!

Orchid (1/3) from the Palm Sunday Orchid Show in Livonia last weekend. My mother's a big fan of orchids -- she's got dozens of them in planters all around our house in Texas, many from her youngest brother in Taiwan ("Baby Uncle" we used to call him) -- and I've got to admit, I find them intriguing too. In a genetically freakish kind of way.

Orchid (2/3). Menacing. Like one of the monsters from that god-awful movie, Starship Troopers.

Orchid (3/3). Just plain ol' bizarre. Way to go, Mr. Orchid Breeder!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home