Saturday, February 10, 2007

Excuse me as I rock this esoterica

I'd like to think I have broader than average tastes -- in music, art, food, whatever -- but I'll be the first to admit a lot of things slip under my radar.

Take music, for instance. Internet radio, Pandora, the suggestions on iTunes, stopping at the listening stations at Borders, a subscription to Spin Magazine -- I thought I was doing pretty well. But then I surf over to Gridskipper (the self-described "urban travel guide") and come across a posting on the indie music scene in Taiwan. Doh! I knew I'd forgotten something.

I didn't even know Taiwan had an indie music scene. Obviously there's a lot more to world music than duets between Sting and Cheb Mami (though I still like that song).

By the way, you should take a listen to my new best friend, Mr. Scruff: here for video or here for audio. He's more than just expensive car commercial music.

1 Comments:

At Tue Feb 13, 12:19:00 PM EST, Blogger CS said...

"Internet radio, Pandora, the suggestions on iTunes, stopping at the listening stations at Borders, a subscription to Spin Magazine"

LOL, the options for where you get your music are so...white...(not that those aren't where I myself kinda find music, but I don't categorize my tastes as broad either).

congrats on the data session btw!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home