Saturday, November 11, 2006

Make a wish

Funny -- I always seem to notice 11:11, especially in the morning. Maybe because it's still early enough in the day for me to make a wish for the rest of the day. Or maybe I've gotten so used to my daily routine that my body anticipates lunch with a timed influx of digestive juices. Or maybe I just think it looks funny on these newfangled digital clocks.

Whatever the reason, apparently I'm not the only one who notices 11:11. In 2004 a movie came out with the same name. It's also the name of a teahouse in Atlanta and a theater company in Boston. And New Age groups here and there assign the numbers spiritual significance as well.

I have no affiliation to any of these groups or causes, but I do know from my friend AMM that 11:11 is a good time of day to make a wish. And now, here we are on November 11th, 11/11. So, to all of you, I express my wish, that you have a peaceful moment at some point today and offer into the ether a wish of your own.

"We are such stuff / As dreams are made on, and our little life / Is rounded with a sleep."

5 Comments:

At Sun Nov 12, 03:11:00 PM EST, Blogger Confusatron said...

You should employ the magic of Blogger time edit and turn back the time on this post about 2h and 59 min back =)That way the universe will be in alignment.

(For some reason I always notice when it's 11:45 PM. Don't know why. That's also usually when I get a craving for scallions.)

 
At Mon Nov 13, 10:12:00 AM EST, Blogger Uichan said...

I'm greedy so I make a wish at 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, etc...

 
At Mon Nov 13, 10:23:00 PM EST, Blogger stewchang said...

Does that apply to 10:10 and 12:12 as well? Or only mono-numerical times?

 
At Tue Nov 14, 11:40:00 AM EST, Blogger Uichan said...

No, 10:10 and 12:12 are no good! Well, I guess if you have a lot to wish for, go for it! :) Oh, and 12:34 counts too.

 
At Tue Nov 14, 03:30:00 PM EST, Blogger hollly said...

i always notice the numbers on the car mileage...I usually get excited when they are all the same: 33333 or when they are reversible 42524. same with time. small thrills! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home