Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Picard and pizza

If Patrick Stewart kept a diary, today's entry might look like this:

"Got up in Ann Arbor after playing Antony in Antony and Cleopatra last night. Had breakfast, took a shower, shaved. Watched a little of this drivel the Yanks call television. Had lunch. Spoke to an audience about acting, how I got started, politics, &c. Passed some guy on the street who said 'Thank you very much, Mr. Stewart'. I said 'You're welcome' and walked on. That was nice."

And if he had, that some guy would have been me. Yes, I walked past Patrick Stewart on the streets of Ann Arbor today, recognized him beneath his baseball cap, and said hello. Behold, my brush with the famous.

This evening, I had a slice of NYPD's marinara pizza and was biking home afterward when I passed by a homeless woman whom I'd seen before. She asked what time it was. I stopped, unpocketed my cell phone, and answered, 10:30. As I rode off, it occurred to me that the last time I'd seen her was Sunday night when she'd asked for a dollar and I'd given it to her. And then it occurred to me that I'd had a slice of NYPD's marinara pizza that night as well. Clearly, this pizza is causing poverty, or at least aligning the universe so I run into this same woman everytime I have it.

4 Comments:

At Sun Oct 29, 01:47:00 PM EST, Blogger hollly said...

it's kind of exciting to have a brush with fame. today i also had a moment, but with a man famous in a different way than Star Trek. my man was also bald: James Carville (http://www.carville.info/). he didn't say your welcome to me. Just a simple head nod.
my sister always thought Patrick Stewart was hot.

 
At Sun Oct 29, 01:48:00 PM EST, Blogger hollly said...

i mean, you're welcome. oops.

 
At Mon Oct 30, 11:21:00 PM EST, Blogger stewchang said...

I wouldn't mind meeting the Ragin' Cajun either. I think of him like Billy Bob Thornton with political smarts.

 
At Wed Nov 01, 09:40:00 AM EST, Blogger hollly said...

His accent lived up to his on screen performances, but was 10 times better live!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home