Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Le sacre du printemps

Spring has finally arrived in Ann Arbor, and I think we are all the better for it. The number of joggers on the street increases with each passing day, the short-sleeved shirts in the closet edge their way to the front again, and everything outside takes on an unfamiliar sheen in the long afternoon sun. Coming home yesterday even my iron seemed to take on a personality in the light streaming through the vertical blinds:


Free of library fines for the time being, I made a massive grab of random items yesterday. I have Brian Eno's CD Another Day on Earth playing here in the lab, and as much as I might resist, it is spirit-lifting, like running outside without your shoes on.

"How many people will we feed today,
How many lips will we kiss today,
If we wake up?

"How many worlds will we ever see,
And how people can we ever be,
If we wake up?"

Wow, thank you, Brian Eno. How can I get to the same place you must have been at when you laid those lyrics down?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home