Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Jeff Daniels, my hero

The night before last I had a dream that seemed to pull together a lot of different things that have been on my mind lately. If it had been a play, it might have looked like this:

Scene: Nighttime, suburban Dallas. A house on a corner lot, noises of a party coming from inside.

Me: So, what have you been doing since you graduated from high school? Remember when I was your math teacher? How did we end up in my parents' house anyway?

Random kid: Yeah, later. [walks away]

Me: [turning toward Jeff Daniels] So, it's really beautiful out here in Michigan...

[Outside of house suddenly changes to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.]

JD: Thanks, I grew up here [pointing out window]. I'm taking my RV across the country. Lots of beautiful places.

Me: Wow, I wish I could do that.

So, that's about it. A combination of my experience teaching at my old high school, being at my parents' house (located less than a mile away from said high school), and a flashback to an interview with Jeff Daniels I saw on television. Jeff Daniels happens to be from Michigan. I appreciate Michigan but at the same time I'm ready to get the hell out of here! I'm 30 years' old and I'm still in grad school, dammit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home