Thursday, September 06, 2007

Decision

I've made a decision about my future. It's not here. I start in November. I have to sell or move all of my stuff. I will say goodbye to the friends I've made here who are still left. I may shed a tear the last time I get on I-94 to head out of town. Being in Ann Arbor will cease to be the norm.

Yes, it seems I can list off adages all day. I should have been a greeting card writer.

Oh, I've forgotten to post some of the latest pictures from my summer. Here are a few.

In August I finally visited the northwest part of the state where lies Sleeping Bear Dunes. Rising nearly 500 feet into the air, it makes for dramatic vistas... and opportunities for ridiculous poses.

Here's your Blogger pretending to fall a long, long way:


You can tell this place was made for summer. You don't even need to face the water to see how. Face the leeward side, and you can see the attraction between land and sun. Tall grasses reach with fuzzy fingers into the sky:


Coming back into Ann Arbor, you see other signs of the last days of summer. Days spent quietly in the warm, sticky sun. (They're a little more contemplative now.) Soft nights that start at eight instead of nine. A bike or a run down a path you took earlier in the summer. A leaf on a tree that seems little less green. The earth curls into the decline of the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home