Wednesday, July 26, 2006

80s music is not good work music

I spent the afternoon at work listening to the 80s channel on Shoutcast, and I think I've proved to myself that, yes, you can have too much of a good thing. Two hours into this exercise, the only thing I wanted to do was to crawl into my old bed at my parents' house, turn on an episode of ThunderCats, and snarf down some Nacho Cheese Doritos. (Hey, I just made a pun -- Snarf was a character on ThunderCats.) Later on, I had the urge to ride my bike to the library, popping wheelies on the way, so that I could get caught up on all the Encyclopedia Browns that I'd missed since 1985. To top it all off, when I finally left for the evening, I realized I'd absorbed almost nothing from the technical papers I'd been reading but instead had conjured up every Paula Abdul lyric I'd ever known. Gracious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home